Strategies that Enhance and Advance Development Effectiveness
Enhanced development effectiveness has been for many years and remains a high priority objective of virtually all development organizations. It is aimed at maximizing the development impact of the organization.
It is based, inter alia, on formulating a vision and strategy, increasing efficiency and effectiveness, improving the quality of its client-facing operations (programs and projects), streamlining processes, building needed staff capacity, and developing a culture of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge-sharing and, critically, of accountability for results. The Centennial team draws on a cumulative experience of hundreds of years in the management of such organizations.
Our Expertise in Development Effectiveness
Our development effectiveness expertise spans all aspects of development organizations, including:
- Formulation of long-term corporate strategies.
- Management of development organizations.
- Design and implementation of reform programs.
- Restructuring and reorganization.
- Quality enhancement of development programs and projects.
- Evaluation of the functioning of the organizations as well as their programs and projects.
- Design and evaluation of Results Management and Measurement frameworks.
- Results-based allocation of resources.
Example Assignments for Development Effectiveness
Below is a sampling of the types of development effectiveness projects the Centennial Group team has conducted:
- Formulation of Strategy of the Asian Development Bank (Asia 2020).
- Restructuring of the Islamic Development Bank Group.
- Formulation of the Strategy for the Development Bank of Latin America (CAF).
- Evaluation of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and its programs and projects.
- Contribution to the formulation of the Ten Year (2013-2022) Strategy of the African Development Bank.
- Strategic workforce planning.
- Budget reform to align budgets with strategic priorities and results.
Meet the principal(s) that lead our Development Effectiveness assignments:
Director and Chief Operating Officer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Head of Evaluation Practice